The Leavell Foundation
Dr. Jane Leavell founded The Leavell Foundation after witnessing the plight of families whose children with scoliosis were having to wait for treatment due to lack of finances and whose curves were increasing in the meantime.
The Leavell Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Educate the community about scoliosis and kyphosis and the need for early diagnosis and intervention
- Increase public awareness about effective conservative scoliosis and kyphosis treatments
- Conduct school scoliosis and kyphosis screenings
- Fund research to advance improved treatments
- Provide support systems for patients and families affected by scoliosis and kyphosis
- Assist with funding for conservative scoliosis and kyphosis treatment for financially disadvantaged children
The Leavell Foundation’s vision is to create a world where people with scoliosis and kyphosis have hope for effective treatments without the use of bracing or surgery, and that every child is able to receive treatment without regard for personal financial hardship.